-27 Retina 5K IPS Display
-5120 x 2880 Native Resolution
-3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 (Haswell)
-8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
-1TB Fusion Drive
-AMD Radeon M290X GPU (2GB GDDR5)
-802.11ac Wi-Fi Bluetooth 4.0
-2x Thunderbolt 2 and 4x USB 3.0 Ports
-FaceTime HD Camera Dual Mics Speakers
-Mac OS X 10.10 or 10.11
Apple weds stunning 5K graphic visuals into their sleek 5mm thin design aesthetic with their 27 iMac with Retina 5K Display released in late 2014. With a 5120 x 2880 native resolution the graphics on this iMac are clearer and more eye-catching than on any other previous model.
Apple also features a quad-core 4th-gen Haswell 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor into the mix along with 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM. The four SO-DIMM slots are user accessible so you have the option to upgrade the RAM up to 32GB for higher-end video or photo production needs.
To help with the enhanced display this iMac also includes an AMD Radeon R9 M290X graphics card with 2GB of GDDR5 memory. This powerful GPU was designed for high-level gaming but will do double duty when editing videos or large resolution photos.
Other amenities include an integrated FaceTime HD camera dual microphones stereo speakers a full-size keyboard with 78 keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted T arrangement) and a Magic Mouse.
Outfitted with 802.11ac Wi-Fi (backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n) for the speediest hook-ups to your home network this iMac is also configured with Bluetooth 4.0 as well as an SDXC card slot for extra storage four USB 3.0 ports two Thunderbolt 2 ports and a Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) jack. It also has a Kensington lock slot for added security.
For ports the iMac has dual Thunderbolt 2 ports (which also double as Mini DisplayPorts) and four USB 3.0 ports. Youll be able to connect with various compatible components. If you would rather go wireless with your peripherals you can use Bluetooth 4.0 technology where compatible.
- 27 Retina 5K IPS Display
- Whether your iMac is in your studio living room or kitchen the display is the focal point. With a 5120 x 2880 resolution the iMac with Retina 5K display features 14.7 million pixels which allows for crisp clear text and support for 4K photos and videos. The IPS panel allows for wider viewing angles so more people can enjoy the Retina 5K display without having to crowd around it.
- AMD Radeon M290X Graphics
- All the pixels in the world wont do you any good if you cant quickly and efficiently command them into action. Thats why the iMac with Retina 5K display features a dedicated AMD Radeon M290X graphics card with up to 3.5 teraflops of graphics compute power. So you experience stunning motion graphics jaw-dropping visual effects and 3D graphics on the built-in Retina 5K display.
- 4th Generation Haswell Intel Core i5 Processor
- The iMac houses a quad-core 4th-gen Haswell Intel Core i5 processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 3.5 GHz. It can also be overclocked up to 3.9 GHz thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 4th-gen Haswell Intel processor uses low voltage for better energy efficiency while still providing fast performance.
- Impossibly Thin
- The iMac with Retina 5K display maintains its 5mm profile which is up to 40 percent less volume than the 2011 iMac. Using an advanced welding method called friction-stir welding Apple was able to join the front and the back of the iMac together directly.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- With three-stream 802.11ac technology the iMac takes desktop Wi-Fi speeds over the top. When its connected to an 802.11ac base station - including AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule (both sold separately) - you can reach data rates of up to 1.3 Gbps. Thats triple the previous 802.11n standard which means youll get up to three times faster Wi-Fi. You also get double the channel bandwidth with 80MHz-wide channels providing more room for more data to flow faster than ever. Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology is also built in so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Thunderbolt 2
- Expand the capabilities of your Mac. Connect high-performance peripherals. Transfer data at high speed. Even daisy-chain multiple devices. And the iMac with Retina 5K display has Thunderbolt 2 delivering twice the bandwidth - up to 20 Gbps - for fast data transfers. While the Thunderbolt 2 ports double as mini DisplayPorts the iMac with Retina 5K display cannot be used as a standalone monitor like its predecessor. It can however be used simultaneously with an external display and can output up to a 3840 by 2160 resolution.
- USB 3.0
- With USB 3.0 you can transfer large files in seconds instead of minutes. Every iMac comes with four USB 3.0 ports - with speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 - and you can connect all your USB-compatible devices including your iPhone iPad iPod or digital camera.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.