ZEISS Otus 1.4/85 The best short tele lens in the world The Otus 1.4/85 is a superlative lens in every respect, just like every other focal length in the unique ZEISS Otus family. A lens designed and constructed with the comprehensive expertise and vast experience of ZEISS. Features in portraits and fiNest details in textures are not the only things reproduced in perfect quality by the Otus 1.4/85. Its extremely large initial aperture is simply ideal for isolating subjects from their backgrounds. At the same time, the Otus 1.4/85 is far more than a portrait lens. Take advantage of its high speed for available light photography, its moderate angle of view for landscapes or its close focusing distance for reproductions. The optical correction of the Otus 1.4/85 completely eliminates almost all possible forms of aberration and makes every picture you take as exciting as the first, even after thousands of exposures. Features ApochromatBecause this lens is an apochromat, chromatic aberrations (axial chromatic aberations) are corrected with elements of special glass with anomalous partial dispersion. The chromatic aberrations are therefore significantly below the defined limits. Bright-dark transitions in the image are reproduced almost free of color artifacts The ultimate in image contrastAberrations caused by extreme differences between shadows and highlights are particularly obvious in images captured at night. Thanks to the outstanding correction of lateral chromatic aberratio...
- Prime portrait-length lens designed for Nikon F-mount FX-format DSLRs and 35mm film cameras. It is also compatible with DX-format DSLRs, where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 127.5mm.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables extensive control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications.
- One aspherical element and six elements made from anomalous partial dispersion glass help to suppress chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and color accuracy around subject edges, regardless of the aperture setting in use.
- Based on the Planar optical concept, this apochromatic lens virtually eliminates both chromatic and spherical aberrations in order to reduce color fringing and color artifacts in front of and behind the plane of focus.
- A floating element design places variable air gaps between select lens groups to realize consistent performance throughout the focusing range, from 2.6' to infinity.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.